Benvalor is a law firm that represents emerging companies in technology, life sciences, impact, high-tech and cleantech industries, as well as the venture capital firms and other investors that finance them.
Assisting start-up businesses at all stages
Clients retaining our services gain the advantage of our extensive experience and expertise on emerging companies, our teamwork, the access to our network of investors and an entrepreneurial culture specialising in helping to build businesses and transforming ground-breaking ideas into successful companies. We advise emerging companies at every stage of their evolution, from their initial formation and venture capital financing through to a third-party sale.
Advising venture capitalist firms
We also advise venture capital firms at their start-up and represent venture capitalists and angel investors in the negotiation of various stages of equity investment programmes, debt and convertible funding transactions and the planning and implementation of exit strategies.
Benvalor’s leading role
Benvalor has taken up a leading role in creating significant initiatives for building a robust innovation ecosystem by co-founding www.capitalwaters.nl, an open-source platform providing free-to-air early-stage investment documentation. In addition we recently launched BEN, our own contract generating robot. With BEN tailor made contracts and other legal documents can be prepared easily and free of charge. BEN can be accessed here.
Our attorneys have also been active in advocating reform through public speaking and publication in various media, with the goal of making it easier for emerging companies to raise capital. Benvalor is the legal partner of Rockstart’s Web & Mobile Accelerator as well as of iMPACT Booster and the Accelerator Program of Fashion for Good, and several of our attorneys teach as start-up mentors at Rockstart, iMPACT Booster and UtrechtInc.
Benvalor’s vison on emerging companies
We are keenly focused on being pragmatic and helping our clients make the best use of their limited resources. We value the opportunity of working with clients who have the ambition to fundamentally change existing industries. Assisting emerging companies and venture funds is among the most interesting and rewarding work we do.
Emerging Companies and Venture Capital Practice Group
Our Emerging Companies and Venture Capital Practice Group consists of a dedicated team of attorneys and tax attorneys working closely together in assisting entrepreneurs, emerging growth companies, angel investors and venture capital funds.
We regularly advise on:
- Company formation
- Founder and shareholder agreements
- Seed-stage and late-stage funding
- Employee stock option plans (ESOP) and other equity-based compensation arrangements
- Licensing and other commercial contracting
- Mergers & acquisitions and other strategic transactions
As an innovative startup you may qualify for our startup services. This includes unlimited access to our model database, brief advice by phone for free and a reduced hourly rate for other services. If you want to know if you qualify for this service, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent engagements and clients include:
- advising the shareholders of Mathijs Maaltijdbox on the sale to Bilder & de Clercq
- advising Pymwymic with its investment in Fairphone
- advising ICCO’s Agribusiness Booster Fund with its investment in Herdy
- advising InnovationQuarter with their investment in Cybersprint
- advising CQ Green Protein Fund with their seed investment in The Dutch Weed Burger
- advising Bomberbot on the seed investment by Social Impact Ventures
- advising Parcompare on the seed investment by Mainport Innovation Fund II
- advising InnovationQuarter and Enabling Tecnhnology Fund with their investment in Xinaps
- advising 500Startups with its first investment in the Netherlands in superfoods company Your Superfoods B.V.
- advising Packpin with securing seed investment from Pioneers Ventures
- advising MarkO with securing seed investment from South Central Ventures
- advising 1%Club with securing seed investment from Social Impact Ventures
- advising Otly! in the raising of financing from Uber by way of the innovative EPOS developed by us
- advising an Angel investor with the establishment of a co-investment structure with the European Angels Fund (EAF)
- advising LeadBoxer with a seed financing round from The Hatch Firm
- advising One to Watch with the establishment of an investment structure and with the effectuation of several investments in Rockstart Impact participants
- setting up the corporate structure and effectuating the investment by Rockstart in the participants of the 2016 Web/Mobile Accelerator program
- setting up the corporate structure and effectuating the investment by iMPACT Booster in the participants of the 2016 iMPACT Booster program