The world’s first mutual fund, modern even by today’s standards, was formed by a Dutch merchant in the late eighteenth century and the Netherlands is still home to an innovative and diverse financial and investment management industry. Fund managers, asset managers, financial institutions and institutional and private investors can benefit from its highly competitive tax regime and a mature legal and regulatory environment, making the Netherlands also an excellent hub for providing management and financial services throughout Europe based on an AIFMD, EuVECA, EuSEF or MiFID license.
The fund and asset management industry faces ongoing regulatory changes worldwide, offering both challenges and opportunities. Our aim is to assist our clients to face these challenges and take advantage of these opportunities. We focus on assisting venture capital and private equity funds, renewable energy and impact investment funds.
Benvalor advises industry participants and investors on legal, regulatory and tax matters, which services include:
- Fund formation: legal and tax advice to create a bespoke fund structure and drafting and negotiating fund documentation
- Licensing: regulatory advice, including obtaining an AIFMD, EuVECA, EuSEF or MiFID license
- Taxation: tax advice on fund and carried interest structuring and employee benefits
- Investment services: M&A and corporate advice on the investments, finance rounds, corporate household and exits made by the investment fund in respect of its portfolio companies
- Asset management: regulatory and corporate advice, drafting and negotiating investment management agreements and documentation
- Private clients: tax advice on private wealth management
- Equity funding: regulatory and corporate advice, drafting and negotiating documentation