Article 1 definitions
In this complaints procedure the following definitions apply:
- complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction by a client with an attorney or a person working under an attorney’s responsibility concerning the handling of any assignment of the client, the quality of services, or the amount invoiced, other than a complaint as referred to in article 4 of the Attorneys Act (Advocatenwet);
- client: the client or its representative who makes a written complaint;
- complaints officer: the attorney tasked with the handling of complaints.
Article 2 scope
- This complaints procedure applies to all the services provided by Benvalor to the client.
- Every attorney of Benvalor will respond to complaints in accordance with this complaints procedure.
Article 3 purpose
This purpose of this complaints procedure is to:
- establish a procedure for dealing with a client’s complaint in a constructive manner and within a reasonable period of time;
- establish a procedure for determining the cause of complaints;
- maintain and improve existing relationships by dealing with complaints properly;
- train employees in responding to complaints in a client-oriented manner;
- improvement of the quality of the services by means of complaint handling and complaint analysis.
Article 4 information on commencement of services
- This complaints procedure has been published on the Benvalor website. Before entering into an agreement for services, the attorney informs the client that Benvalor has a complaints procedure which applies to the service agreement.
- Complaints that have not been resolved through this complaints procedure will be submitted to courts of the Netherlands.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
- When a client makes a complaint and this complaint is not resolved by the recipient of the complaint, the complaint will be passed on to the complaints officer, currently Mr O.C.M. Millaard.
- The complaints officer informs all attorneys concerned of the complaint and provides both the client and the attorneys concerned the opportunity to provide explanation.
- The attorneys concerned will try to solve the complaint together with the client, before or after the complaints officer’s intervention.
- The complaints officer assesses and handles the complaint within four weeks after he has received the complaint and, if applicable, will inform the client of any deviations of this deadline and explain the reasons therefore and specify a new deadline for handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer will send a letter to the client and the attorney setting out his view on the complaint and whether it was justified, and may make recommendations.
- If the complaint has been satisfactorily resolved, the client, the complaints officer and the attorney concerned sign the aforementioned letter.
Article 6 confidential and free of charge
- The complaints officer and any attorney who received a complaint shall maintain confidentiality in regards of the complaint.
- The client shall not be charged by Benvalor for the complaints procedure.
Article 7 duties
- The complaints officer is responsible for timely resolution of the complaint.
- Any attorney who received a complaint keeps the complaints officer informed of any contact with the client and of possible solutions.
- The complaints officer shall keep the client informed of his handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer shall keep the file on a complaint up to date.
Article 8 complaints registration
- The complaints officer registers the complaint specifying the subject of the complaint.
- A complaint can be registered under multiple subjects.
This complaints procedure applies as of 1 January 2019.