Panels discussions will cover the following topics:
- Preventive restructuring frameworks and schemes of arrangements.
Britain was very advanced in using preventive restructuring frameworks compared to other European jurisdictions. Comi’s were moved to make use of the British system. Will non-British jurisdictions catch up (perhaps induced by Brexit)?
- Retail restructurings
The UK was hit by numerous retail bankruptcies and restructurings. But this is quite an International phenomenon.
- Mediation in Insolvencies
We did this topic in Amsterdam in 2018. We learned that a typical mediator does not know how to deal with insolvency related mediations. How can we make mediation work in the insolvency and restructuring environment?
- Piercing of the corporate veil: liability of the controlling persons
Always an interesting topic.
Our partner Huan Tan will be one of the conference co-chairs. The other co-chairs are Cristina Fussi (Studio Legale Deberti Jacchia Franchini Forlani, Milan) and Daniel Hajek (Hajeklaw, Prague).
The host committee consists of the following Scottish firms:
– Addleshaw Goddard (Addi Spiers)
– BBM Solicitors Limited (Eric Baijal and Sheana Campbell)
– Brodies LLP (Stephen Goldie)
– Dickson Minto (Fiona Carlin)
– Harper Macleod LLP (Gordon Hollerin)
– MacRoberts (Leon Breakey)
– Shepherd & Wedderburn (Gillian Carty and Yvonne Brady)
– Shoosmiths LLP (Stuart Clubb)
Please contact one of the co-chairs, should you have any questions in regard of this conference or visit the following website: https://www.ibanet.org/Conferences/conf1045.aspx
Attorneys and Tax Advisors